VEGAS (July 15, 2017) – Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee announced today, July 15, that the team has signed all three first-round draft picks from their 2017 NHL Entry Draft class. Forward Cody Glass, forward Nick Suzuki and defenseman Erik Brannstrom all signed three-year, entry-level contracts.
The Golden Knights selected Glass sixth overall, Suzuki 13th overall and Brannstrom 15th overall during the 2017 NHL Entry Draft. All three participated in the team’s inaugural Development Camp, which was held in Las Vegas from June 27 – July 1.
“This is an exciting announcement for the Golden Knights organization as we signed three of our top prospects,” said Vegas Golden Knights General Manager George McPhee. “Cody, Nick and Erik have demonstrated exceptional skill and hockey sense playing at their current levels. We will look for these players to continue to exhibit the hard work necessary to further their development and continue their positive career trajectories.”
Nick Suzuki, Forward
Hometown: London, Ontario
Weight: 183 lbs.
Drafted from: Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
Final North American Skater Rank (via NHL Central Scouting): 10
– Had second-most points on Owen Sound in 2016-17 season with 96 (45 G, 51 A) in 65 games played
– Led Owen Sound in points during 2017 OHL Playoffs with 23 (8G, 15 A)
– Won William Hanley Trophy in 2017 as the most sportsmanlike player in OHL
– Named to 2015-16 OHL All-Rookie Team
– Represented Canada at the 2016 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament, getting three points (1 G, 2 A) in four games
For more information, please visit vegasgoldenknights.com.