The Ontario Hockey League is pleased to announce the opportunity for a Coordinator of Video & Digital Content. The successful candidate will be a key member of the communications department which will contribute to the League and Member Teams’ communication strategy.
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Video & Digital Content
REPORTS TO: Director, Communications
The Coordinator will be responsible to support the Director, Communications and Manager, Video & Digital Content to help manage all aspects of video production for the OHL. This includes but is not limited to game night social coverage for web and social media, marketing/sponsor elements and producing original content for web and social media.
Candidates for the position should have video production experience in hockey or a related sports industry. In addition, candidates should possess strong organizational skills and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects. Additionally, experience as a videographer, with video editing experience (Final Cut or Adobe Premiere) is required. Graphic and motion graphic production is also an asset. Candidates must have a vehicle and be available for flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in, journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- Experience creating short-form video content for (YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook)
- Expert working knowledge of Premiere, Final Cut, After Effects, Photoshop etc.
- Excellent editorial judgement
- Self-starter able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong knowledge and an understanding of the game of hockey
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations by no later than Monday, August 22nd at 12:00pm ET via email to OHL Director, Communications Josh Sweetland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.