The Ontario Hockey League is pleased to announce the opportunity for a Marketing and Servicing Coordinator. The successful candidate will provide superior service to help our League and Member Teams generate powerful marketing and sponsorship programs working as part of an integrated team to support marketing operations. This role will be based out of our League office located at 305 Milner Ave., Scarborough, Ontario.
- Support Member Teams and Corporate partners by executing against partner marketing calendar and commitments
- Work closely with our Marketing and Sales agency to support regional and national marketing initiatives
- Manage collection of sponsorship proof of performance audits from Member Teams
- Assist with the preparation of year end reporting (proof of performance audits) for OHL corporate partners
- Assist with the preparation and execution of OHL Ancillary Events including: OHL Cup, OHL Priority Selection, OHL Combine and OHL League Championship series requirements
- Assist with the planning and execution of OHL Focus and Congress Meetings
- Assist and support League sponsorship assets including, but not limited to:
- Rink Boards
- In-Ice Logos
- In-Arena activations
- Digital Media Campaigns
- OHL Conference Finals and Championship Series
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the sports industry, preferably in the areas of client servicing or marketing.
- Candidates with prior internships, marketing, or sponsorship experience will be strongly considered.
- Candidates with prior OHL/CHL background would be an asset.
JOB SPECIFIC SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts, corporate sponsorship and client service
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships
- Successful candidate will possess a high proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work some nights and weekends as needed.
- The candidate may be required to travel and must have access to a car and a valid driver’s license.
- The successful applicant must present a police check record.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations by no later than September 30th, 2019 at 5:00 PM ET via email to OHL Vice President, Development Joe Birch (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.