Guelph, ON – General Manager and Head Coach George Burnett announced Thursday that Jacob Maillet has committed to an Ontario Hockey League standard player agreement with the Storm.
Maillet, a 6-foot, 170lb forward from Dundas, Ont. was the Storm’s second round pick (39th overall) in the 2019 OHL Priority Selection.
“We are proud to officially welcome Jacob to our program after adding him in the Priority Selection last month,” said Burnett. “Jacob is a very well-rounded player and has a bright future in our league. His skating and intelligence allow him to play a strong 200-foot game, and his skill and work ethic will endear him to Storm fans over the next several seasons.”
Maillet spent the 2018-19 season with the Hamilton Jr. Bulldogs Minor Midget AAA program, posting 37 points (14 goals, 23 assists) in 32 games. The 16 year old added seven points (2G, 5A) in eight games in the postseason.
“I’m extremely honoured and proud to officially sign with the Guelph Storm,” said Maillet. “I’m super excited to be a part of this great organization and the community of Guelph. I can’t wait to begin working with them both on and off the ice.”
Maillet is scheduled to attend the Storm’s 2019 Orientation camp in May.
For more information visit guelphstorm.com.
GUELPH STORM 2019 OHL PRIORITY SELECTION SUMMARY: