JOB TITLE: Manager of Marketing and Sponsorship
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Development
The Ontario Hockey League is pleased to announce the opportunity for a Manager of Marketing & Sponsorship. The successful candidate will provide superior service to help our League and Member Teams with marketing and sponsorship programs, working as a part of an integrated team to support marketing operations. This role will be based out of our League office located at 305 Milner Ave, Scarborough, Ontario.
- Oversee corporate client servicing with key constituents, including corporate partners, affiliate partners, broadcast partners, suppliers, licensees and Member Teams.
- Assisting in the development of new corporate partners.
- Preparation of year end reporting (proof of performance audits) for OHL and CHL corporate partners.
- Liaison between Member Team Marketing & PR Directors and the League Office.
- Marketing Liaison with the CHL, responsible for representing the OHL on relevant conference calls.
- Host monthly Marketing conference calls with Member Teams.
- Participate in strategic development meetings with the CHL, partnering Regional Leagues, and CCMC on a bi-annual basis, or as required.
- Manage OHL Member Team sponsorship agreements to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Work with Communications and Video and Web Content personnel to suitably execute sponsorship programs and campaigns.
- Manage the OHL Analytics platform by coordinating training sessions, oversee user access, monitor data submissions, and represent the League as the main support contact for Member Teams.
- Manage League streaming services partner, Neulion, including: user access, user support, and promotional administration.
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, sports management or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the sports industry, preferably in the areas of business development, sponsorship sales or marketing.
- Candidates with prior internships, marketing, or sponsorship experience will be strongly considered.
- Candidates with prior OHL/CHL background would be an asset.
Job Specific Skills & Competencies:
- Strong understanding of marketing concepts, corporate sponsorship and client service.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Ability to build and foster strong working relationships.
- Successful candidate will possess a high proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed.
- The candidate may be required to travel and must have access to a car and a valid driver’s license.
- The successful applicant must present a satisfactory police check record.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter, resume and salary expectations by no later than May 24, 2019, at 5:00 PM ET via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.