NORTH BAY 4, OWEN SOUND 2
– Josh Currie broke a 2-2 tie 7:22 into the third period, scoring the unassisted difference maker as the Troops won their pre-season opener.
– Rookies Owen Van Steensel, Dalyn Wakely and Owen Outwater all scored for North Bay while defenceman Ty Nelson earned first star honours with an assist and a plus-2 rating.
– Logan LeSage and Sam Sedley scored Owen Sound goals.
– Reece Proulx stopped 28 of 30 for the win opposite Owen Sound rookie Corbin Votary who turned aside 26 shots.
ERIE 7, SAGINAW 4
– Noah Sedore and Cameron Lowe each scored twice as the Otters outgunned Saginaw, racking up 17 goals over two weekend victories on home ice.
– Rookie Kaleb Smith scored the game winner and finished with a goal and an assist.
– Saginaw blueliners Pavel Mintyukov (2G) and P.J. Forgione (1G, 1A) both had multi-point outings in the loss.
– Erie outshot Saginaw 32-16.
KINGSTON 5, OTTAWA 1
– Rookie Paul Ludwinski followed-up a Thursday hat-trick by opening the scoring 7:41 into action.
– Overage forward Lucas Edmonds scored twice and was joined on the scoresheet by rookies Christopher Thibodeau and Mitchell Brooks.
– Ottawa newcomer Vsevolod Gaidamak scored in his 67’s pre-season debut.
– Kingston rookie Mason Vaccari carried a shutout to the midway point of the third period, stopping 22 of 23 for the win.
NIAGARA 2, OSHAWA 0
– Tucker Tynan was perfect in his pre-season debut, recording a 28-save shutout in his first OHL action since suffering a severe injury on Dec. 7, 2019.
– CHL Import Draft selection Rodwin Dionicio scored 9:28 into the first period, a lead Niagara would hold until Cameron Snow hit the empty net in the final minute.
– Oshawa’s Matthew Sbrocca stopped 33 of 34 in the loss, surrendering one goal before Niagara hit the empty net.
– The IceDogs rebound from a Friday night loss in Oshawa, outshooting the Generals 35-28.
BARRIE 5, KITCHENER 4 – SO
– Last minute goals from Ryan Del Monte and Hunter Haight drew the Barrie Colts even, forcing a shootout where Del Monte would score the winner before a home crowd.
– Overage defender Nathan Allensen led the way with three points (1G, 2A) while Del Monte and Haight both finished with a goal and an assist.
– Kitchener rookie Carson Rehkopf tallied three points (2G, 1A) and was 10-for-15 in the faceoff circle while Mitchell Martin also scored twice.
– Czech netminder Pavel Cajan made 32 saves in his first OHL pre-season action as Kitchener was outshot 36-17. Barrie’s Tanner Wickware stopped 3-of-4 in the shootout to secure the win.