GUELPH 7, MISSISSAUGA 6
– The Guelph Storm scored five unanswered goals to erase a 6-2 deficit and edge the Mississauga Steelheads 7-6.
– First round 2020 OHL Priority Selection pick Matthew Poitras scored the game-winner with under three minutes to go and was one of seven different Guelph scorers.
– First round 2020 pick Zakary Lavoie netted a hat-trick in his team’s loss and led the way with seven shots.
– Guelph’s Poitras Charlie Paquette, Jake Karabela, Danny Zhilkin, Leo Hafenrichter, Ryan MacGuire and Cam Allen all finished with two points.
– Mississauga’s Stefan Forgione also earned two points and finished with a +2 rating.
– First round 2021 Steelheads choice Luke Misa scored his first goal and held a +2 raiting with four shots on net.
– Justin DiLauro finished with 28 saves on 35 shots while Jacob Oster and Dixon Grimes faced 31 shots in net for Guelph.
SARNIA 6, WINDSOR 3
– The Sarnia Sting doubled up on the Windsor Spitfires 6-3 with a pair of goals from overager Nolan DeGurse.
– Justin O’Donnell and Theo Hill put up two-point performances in the win. O’Donnell also finished with a +2 rating and with seven shots on net.
– 2021 first round Spitfires pick Ethan Miedema added another goal after Friday’s four-point performance.
– Sarnia’s Justyn Ross solved 32 of 35 shots and Windsor’s Kyle Downey was good for 25 saves on 30 shots.